Food impacts the health of individuals around the globe. Earlier, the importance of diet was not a much-discussed topic, but, gradually, people started to research on food to know its medicinal and nutritional value that can be applied to cure individuals of diseases. We also made an effort to understand the “medicinal power of food” from the history of Hippocrates. As per his notion, nutrition and lifestyle can be used as tools to treat numerous diseases.
Now, the world is trending with a “healthy ketogenic or keto diet”. Even doctors advise their patients to follow it and say goodbye to all the extra fats that hang around the body. There are numerous researches that support the benefits and medical and therapeutic applications of the keto diet. The diet is also found to manage epilepsy and cure other diseases like cognitive decline and diabetes.
What is a Keto diet?
The keto diet is a low-carb, high fat and ample protein diet, which allows the body to produce a small fuel molecule called “ketone” in the liver that stimulates fat loss. The keto diet is highly recommended for individuals who are on the weight loss journey or to control certain medical ailments. There are three groups of people who need to consult a doctor before following the keto diet; people suffering from high blood pressure, diabetics and nursing mothers. So, speak to your doctor and get your medicines prescribed while following the diet. Order your prescription medicines from a good online medicine site and get your medicines delivered at your doorstep.
Benefits of the Keto Diet
If you are not on the keto diet, then switch it to enjoy its benefits:
- Manages and prevents diabetes
- Helps in weight loss
- Treats epilepsy seizures
- Keeps you fuller for time
- Improves blood pressure and cholesterol
- Reduces acne
- Increases brain function
Also Read: 10 Good Sources of Protein to add in your Diet
The ringing of drastic dietary changes in the body can also leave you with too many side effects. The initial side effects include keto rash, brain fog, and fatigue to name a few.
Here, we discuss more the keto rash, its symptoms, and a few home remedies.
What is Keto Rash
Have you ever had a red and itchy rash on the upper body when you are on the keto diet? Yes! It might be the result of a sudden reduction in the supply of carbohydrates and excess supply of more fat and proteins in the body leaving you with the state of ketosis.
Symptoms of Keto Rash:
- Red and itchy skin on the upper back and chest
- The appearance of red spots on the skin
Home Remedies to Ease Keto Rash
The following are a few methods that you can follow to ease keto rash. Just read on!
- Reintroduce carbs back to your diet. If not fully, try to include at least a low-carb diet if you really feel that the Keto diet is the actual culprit of your rash
- Check out for food allergens and remove completely from your diet to ease the symptoms
- Deficiencies of Vitamin A, C, B12, etc., may lead to skin inflammation. So, make your plate more colorful by adding different varieties of fruits and vegetables.
- Certain anti-inflammatory supplements such as vitamin D, fish oil, probiotics, etc., may help to improve rashes and other skin infections. Buy OTC medicines online from any trusted best online pharmacy store and select your required nutritional supplements from the given medicine search option. Order it right away and avail amazing medicine discounts on every order.
- Follow a healthy skin regimen! Use gentle soaps, skin moisturizers, and cleansers whenever required to ease dryness and to keep infections at bay.
- Make sure not to wear tight clothes as it can worsen the rashes.
Being overweight invites a hell of health issues! Even though you experience an annoying keto rash, it’s not a matter of concern as the benefits with the keto diet are immeasurable. Always, follow a diet plan tailored according to your health conditions and never allow nutritional deficiencies or other health complications to ride with you.